Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Blogs!!!

I am a big fan of blogs. I have not been using them for very long, but now that I have learned more about them I think that it is a great way to communicate with other people. I have been able to find a bunch of people in my family and in my ward and old college friends who have blogs as well and it is very fun to see updates on their lives. I think it will also be a fantastic way to keep the parents involved in what's going on in my classroom. I won't always want to send an e-mail out to every parent to tell them about the week, but if I publish a blog post, they'll be able to see what's happening.
I also like the feature to be able to comment on someones post. My family has been in a lot more contact with each other ever since we decided blogging. And if each of the parents in the classroom have access to my blog, they'll be able to comment with questions, concerns, ideas, suggestions, or just to say it was a great week their kid enjoyed it!
Having a classroom blog could also act as a journal area for me. I will be able to update on things we are doing in my classroom and I can look back to see what worked and what didn't. If I teach the same grade (or even different grades) I will be able to keep tabs on what was successful, and what I could work on more. It is not only for getting information out to the parents, but it can be useful for me as well!
I will definitely keep using blogs and keep figuring out new things (about blogs and other technologies) that I can do to make my communication with anyone more successful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment